Work on scenes from Shakespeare over 8 weeks, culminating in a private performance to an invited audience. Working with professional Shakespeare text teacher Lizzie Conrad Hughes and Dominic Kelly, you will build confidence in your abilities with the text, gather a set of valuable and flexible performance techniques, and work as a company to produce a final performance of an original piece using Shakespeare scenes, in the Cockpit’s main auditorium.
Who is it for?
- Actors who want to brush up their Shakespeare skills and take their acting to the next level
- Actors lacking a systematic approach to their acting and confidence with Shakespeare
- Actors looking for an opportunity to show what they can do to an audience in a 180+-seat venue.
What will you gain?
- A comprehensive system for approaching Shakespeare’s text
- A technique in working sensitively moment to moment with another actor
- Personal attention and feedback from two experienced tutors and other specialists (as appropriate)
- A company ethic where all members support each other
- A performance in a 180+ seat central London venue, where any industry contacts you wish to invite can see your best work
For further information and to apply please contact The Cockpit on 020 7258 2925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org