This course is the second part of the beginner’s course. It will give you confidence to speak Spanish in useful situations; it will expand your vocabulary mainly for holiday; structured on effective communication. The class activities will include 4 skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. We will give you some insight into Spanish culture and what to expect socially from your interactions in various situations.
The course will cover a variety of useful topics to include:
• Introduce yourself and give personal information.
• In the restaurant: Order food and drinks and ask for the bill and booking a table.
• Being lost and finding your way - give and understand directions
• At the hotel: What service might you expect in a typical Spanish hotel?
• Describe hotel facilities and book a room.
• What to say to hotel staff and what they might ask you: receptionist, porter, room service.
• Describe places, describe your house and the area where you live.
• Vocabulary: furniture.
• Grammar: verb to be – ser v estar
• Talk about what you do in a normal day, your daily routine using reflexive verbs and present tense.
Maria Quintero is a qualified Spanish teacher with over 14 years’ experience. She uses a communicative approach and particularly enjoys engaging with students and making lessons both stimulating and productive. She considers that it is essential to identify the learners’ needs in order to give them the adequate and relevant support.