We offer practical help and advice including:
Our Student Advisors can offer you practical help and advice with:
- Accessing financial support available at College (including 16-19 Bursary, Free meals in F.E, Discretionary Learner Support Funds and 19+ Advanced Learning Loan Bursary)
- Support for Looked After Young People and recent Care Leavers
- Housing advice and support for young people needing emergency accommodation (Please note, the College does not provide accommodation for students)
- Rights, entitlements and support for asylum seekers, immigrants and refugees and people subject to immigration regulations
- Domestic violence - emergency advice and referrals to specialist support services
- Sexual health - free condoms and referrals to specialist services
- Benefits e.g. Job Seeker’s Allowance / Income Support
Please note: Our Student Advisors are not immigration or benefits advisors. They will signpost you to the relevant agencies.
If you are experiencing personal difficulties which are affecting your ability to study, we offer you an opportunity to talk through your feelings, thoughts and concerns in confidence. We offer short-term emotional support and can help find long-term counselling services outside of the College. We are here to help, so please get in touch.