Our Level 3 Course for Close Protection Officers gives you the qualification to work within the industry in the UK, however in reality offers so much more. This course is aimed at ex-Armed Force, Door Supervisors and Security Officers, as well as civilians wishing to enter the industry at the highest level.
The course involves:
- Law and Legislation
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Threat Assessment and Risk Management
- Venue Security Operations
- Operational Planning
- Interpersonal Skills
- Foot Drills
- Planning and Selecting Routes
- Vehicle Movement, Tactics and Operations
- Search Techniques and Procedures
- Conflict Management Techniques
- Land Navigation
- Crime and its effects on Society
- Careering Planning
- Security Procedures
- Employment Opportunities
On successful completion of the course, you will receive:
- Level 3 Close Protection Certificate
- CIEH L3 First Aid
- CWC Counter Terrorism Certificate
- Public Sector Certificates
- Close Protection Licence (if eligible – only for JSA candidates)
As part of the programme you will undertake mock interviews with employers and be screened for employment opportunities – with a guaranteed interview with an employer if a job role becomes available, or a reference and exit interview to give you guidance - this will help you with your future job applications and interviews
You will receive Support and mentoring during the programme and as part of the after care service and you will have access to our free recruitment services to support you into employment.
Functional skills development are embedded within the course programme
What have students who have taken this course in the past progressed to?
Employment in a range of sectors including: Facilities Management and the Security Industry
How will I learn?
Practical activities related to the sector.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through assignments, a portfolio of work based evidence and online tests
Course dates (2024)
- Monday 22 January – Friday 26 January
- Thursday 01 February - Wednesday 28 February
- Monday 05 February – Friday 09 February
- Monday 04 March – Friday 08 March
- Monday 08 April – Friday 12 April
- Friday 05 April - Thursday 02 May
- Monday 13 May – Friday 17 May
- Thursday 06 June - Wednesday 07 July
All dates exclude weekends.
How to Apply
For further information or to apply please contact The Business Development Team on 020 7258 2711 or email email@example.com.
What qualification do I get on completing this course?
Level 3 Close Protection Certificate
Is there additional work required by the student?
To successfully complete this course you will be expected to spend 8 hours a week on assignments, project or field trips.
What are the expected employment areas with this course?