This course will give you the qualification that you need if you wish to apply to work as a CCTV operator. Please note that for most CCTV Operator jobs, you will be required to have a Door Supervisor/Manned Guarding licence as well, as the role often includes security officer duties.
The course covers three units:
Unit 1: Working the Private Security Industry
- Know the purpose and main features of working in the private security industry
- Understand the legislation that is relevant to people working in the private security industry
- Understand the relevant aspects of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Know how to apply the principles of fire safety
- Know how to deal with non-fire-related workplace emergencies
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry
Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator
- Understand CCTV Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and CCTV staff
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system
- Understand how to make effective use of CCTV equipment
- Understand Emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
Unit 3: Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment
- Be able to operate CCTV equipment
- Be able to demonstrate operational use of a CCTV system
On successful completion of all elements of the programme you wil receive a Level 2 Qualification in CCTV. This is the qualification required to apply for an SIA badge to work in the security industry in the UK. You will need to apply for the licence directly with the SIA. This is a separate cost.
Price: from £199
Course Dates (2023/24)
To book yourself onto a course you will need to enquire at least 10 working days prior to the course start date. You will need to successfully complete an Initial Assessment before enrolment.
- Wednesday 29 November - Monday 04 December
- Wednesday 13 December - Monday 18 December
- Wednesday 17 January - Monday 22 January
- Wednesday 31 January - Monday 05 February
- Wednesday 14 February- Monday 19 February
- Wednesday 28 February- Monday 04 March
- Wednesday 05 April - Monday 10 April
- Wednesday 24 April - Tuesday 29 April
- Monday 22 May - Tuesday 28 May
- Wednesday 12 June - Monday 17 June
- Wednesday 03 July - Monday 08 July
How to Apply
For further information or to apply please contact The Business Development Team on 020 7258 2711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What qualification do I get on completing this course?
Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) Training
Is there additional work required by the student?