Will the course give me what I want?
These qualifications are designed for managers with significant responsibility for coaching and mentoring as part of their day to day role. It also develops those learners planning to move into a development role or start a career as a freelance coach and mentor.
The benefits for individuals:
- Get a critical understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor
- Deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation
- Be able to assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor
- Provide evidence or your own development as a coach and mentor through the qualification
- Plan your further development as well as plan, review and develop coaching within your organisation
The benefits for employers:
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches or mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Develop a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation, so that managers are able to provide effective support for the development of others and improve their performance
- 500 – Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring
- 501 – Undertaking management coaching or mentoring in the workplace
- 503 – Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor
What have students who have taken this course in the past progressed to?
Progression route could be to the Diploma in Coaching at level 5 or Executive Coaching at level 7.
How will I learn?
The NVQ Centre is flexible in its approach to delivering training programmes. The sessions can be delivered in your company, at college or at an alternative venue.
How will I be assessed?
The qualification is assignment based with a professional discussion as an optional method of assessment. Candidates are supported with delivered sessions, observation and blended learning.
Equipment and other costs
For further information or to apply please contact The Business Development Team on 020 7258 2711 or email